Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Feening for Fur

It would be quite the understatement to announce it is cold outside. Especially in the northeast [[Even though I consider New York City, it's own entity- there's nothing like it.]] And so begins the discussion on fur. I can't lie I've been craving a yummy (faux) fur for a while and have yet to find my prince charming. But whilst searching the internet, i found quite a few options [[faux and not eww]]


1 , 2 , 3

Don't get me wrong, I love a basic whether it be a neutral or black but I must hand it to Julia from Gal Meets Glam for her bold vest in brilliant blue. This pop of color against her otherwise colorless outfit makes a huge statement, and I would love to find something in a rich jewel toned color to do the same.


4 , 5, 6

These three options are right up my alley, in warm neutral colors that are easy to mix and match with any outfit whether it be all black everything, a printed tee, or a patterned frock. One word, love!


7 , 8, 9

I'm also loving the longer furs and shaggy looks, they are definitely worth splurging for. I like them in these three combos alike, and still manage to add a little something extra to an otherwise basic look.

How do you incorporate fur into your winter wardrobe?

XoXo.

14 comments:

  1. Great Post! I keep seeing fur everywhere as well and haven't found the right piece to add to my wardrobe. I love the way Jacey from Damsel in Dior wears it (and just about everything else!).

    ~ Caroline
    http://peachykeencaroline.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I saw your blog on LC website, and decided to visit your lovely blog.

    Btw, happy to follow your blog. hope you can visit mine too and follow back :)))))))

    xoxo,
    Chi
    http://sunnydaysarelove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chi,

      I checked out your blog and it's lovely. Following on GFC!

      XoXo,

      Chantel

      http://stylesequence.blogspot.com

      Delete
  3. I love fur, I wear it a lot!! You have some fabulous ladies' blogs in these photos!

    With Love From Hollywood,
    Kier
    Fashion Addict LA
    Recent Post: Lady Gaga Concert
    Video Tutorial: How to do a sock bun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kier,

      I checked out your blog and I absolutely love your style, so jealous your in Hollywood. Following on Bloglovin!

      XoXo,

      Chantel

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much for the sweet comment! I checked your blog out too and it's great!

    XoXO,

    Chantel

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like all your options! The bright blue is an amazing color and the neutral and black will go with everything. The first line-up is my favorite :) And I guess now would be the time to buy fur vests since a lot of winter pieces are going on sale!

    -FashionEdible

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those were my thoughts exactly, waiting on those sales to hit.

      XoXo,

      Chantel

      Delete
  6. Right now I have a large faux fur brown coat (http://rachelslookbook.com/channeling-carrie/)
    and a faux fur short sleeve jacket (http://rachelslookbook.com/vintage-loving/) that I just wore on the blog! I love to layer simple elements... with the large fur coat, I wore a cowlneck sweater and jeans and the faux fur jacket almost works as a vest, so I wore it over a bright red pleated blouse! All of these inspirations are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I checked it out, I love how you layered your look too (we both share layering simple pieces.)

      XoXo,

      Chantel

      Delete
  7. I was never for fur, but this post kinda makes me want to get one! Thank you for the amazing read!
    xo
    www.skinnyjeansbakedbeans,com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither was I, if anything I think faux fur is a great option. And there are a lot of faux furs that look real too!

      XoXo,

      Chantel

      Delete
  8. Hey! I enjoy your blog. I am glad you found me on the LC forum! I am obsessed with fur vests!!! I love these all :)

    -Sarah

    http://sarahvonspook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete