Monday, February 10, 2014

Runway Recap: MBFW Fall/Winter 2014

The streets are buzzing with the latest trends as style setters venture out in this seasons best. That's right folks, it's Fashion Week! Bloggers, celebrities, and the like are gathered around the city to view the new-new on the runway; and I must say, I'm rather impressed. 

So ... To kick off the first few days into the F/W 2014 runways, I have composed some of my favorite collections below:

All images via here.

Veronica Beard

This collection screamed my dark fairytale. Simple and classic looks dawned this lookbook, with beautiful floral prints and textured fabrics alike, in lush autumn colors and pops of blue. A very wearable sportswear collection, that could easily be mixed and matched to merge an emotional story through dress.

Mara Hoffman

Hoffman never ceases to impress with her intricately designed prints in simple silhouettes. I loved all things maxi from the designer, in bold blues and neutrals in her beautifully engineered prints. The designer stepped away from the high necklines of most presentations, which was rather refreshing in retrospect. 

Lisa Perry

Oh, hello mod fashion, how I've missed you! This collection added a big punch of character to the runway with the shapeless boxy silhouettes and understated tones and prints. Did I mention how dimensional and symmetrical the collection looked [[without being overbearing?]] I loved how easy these looks were, and how they could easily be paired with all things basic.

 Calla

A rather fun and young collection! Calla got wearable sportswear to a T. With her color based print mixing, soft tribal and floral prints, and easy pieces. I rather appreciated this modern take on today's hipster- pretty conservative elements brought together through layering and subtle mixing.

 Marissa Webb

Last but not least, a bold collection presented by the namesake brand, Marissa Webb. I loved how understated this collection was - tonal whites, grey's, and blacks in mixable pieces. The simple looks have a common theme, high or exaggerated necklines. (And I adore it!) Not to mention that I need every item from this presentation in my possession, like yesterday!

Be sure to be on the lookout for more trends on the runway- I know I'm starting to see some definite similarities in this seasons collections!

XoXo.

1 comment:

  1. Hi dear,

    great post! Love your selection :)
    I don’t know if you noticed, but I have a completely new website, check it out here: www.beneaththecoat.com
    and let me know what you think!
    Also, I am moving from Blogger so you can’t follow me through GFC anymore, but if you go to my new page you will see that you can follow the blog through:
    Bloglovin
    Facebook
    Instagram

    Looking forward seeing you on my blog again!
    K

    ReplyDelete