Thursday, July 29, 2010

Striped





As of late I must say I have a SICK obsession with stripes. I must be old fashioned because I rather enjoy the standard black and white. It's simple, bold, and straight to the point.

Diane von Furstenberg's Resort 2011 collection depicted this concept beautifully. Big bold black and white stripes intertwined with color blocked tribal prints, that work in perfect harmony. Displayed in over-sized blouses, free flowing wrap dresses, swimsuits, jackets and a jumpsuit to boot. But words alone can't describe how MAJOR this collection is, if you don't believe me check it out for yourself ... DVF



On another note, I may have a small obsession with shoes, especially the strappy platform type. They may look uncomfortable but they serve both function and fashion, it's rare to find stilettos that suit you for 6+ hours. I mean come on; plus they were on sale ... Can't beat that. Luckily I can pair it with any bland outfit to dress it up, gives me an extra few inches, builds calf muscle, and lifts your tush.

Ladies if you haven't come to love stripes, I advise you to do so. You don't have to look overly nautical to pull off a good stripe, just make it you. Layer it. Accessorize it. Pair it with a good strappy heel- heels have more function than beauty, I mean it can't hurt, (well not too bad.)

No comments:

Post a Comment