Monday, February 11, 2013

Style Watch: The Grammy Awards

So the award season continues, with the 55th Annual Grammy Awards ceremony. With some of the best and worst dressed celebrities in some majorly expensive couture. Luckily this year, I loved hated most of the frocks the stars donned, so it made this Top Five rather easy. 

And so it commences:

Found here.

Katy Perry was by far my best dressed, aside from this Spring Bud color I loved the plunging neckline and bejeweled neck area. Although Perry bore a rather risque Gucci gown, but I give her props for defying the dress code for the evening. This is certainly a look for the books.

Found here.

So lets talk about my current lady crush, current Girls HOTTIE Allison Williams. She donned this beaut by Kaufman Franco along the red carpet, and I must say it is rather opposite of her good girl all-American persona. I loved how this gown combined the perfect amount of elegance and edge.



Found here

I must say I'm not fond of The Swift, as I find her songs to be a bit whiny [even though I cant get one special tune out of my head] but I do however love whoever styled her for this glamorous night.Oh hey, J. Mendel, you chose the perfect gown for Tay Tay, and I love it!

Found here

If I were all grown up [and were ever invited to some sort of premiere or black tie event] I would certainly look to Carrie Underwood, in this lovely piece from Roberto Cavalli. She definitely got the memo as to whats acceptable to wear to The Grammy's, and I'm not mad at it!

 Found here.

So I'm a bit unsure of her importance, but I always have one tribute to the female able to pull of a suit or panted look on the red carpet. Fortunately the award goes to Rosci Diaz in this pantsuit from 5th & Mercer by LaLa Anthony. Can we say, love? So fresh and so clean clean.

P.S. Props to my main men Kanye and Jay Z, summer 2012 would have been nothing without your music. Thanks for the memories I don't remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment