Monday, September 9, 2013

Spring Showers bring MBFW 2014

Well since this blog has ultimately become seasonal, naturally I'll post about Fashion Week. As in the Spring '14 collections of MBFW. And let me tell you how much I love love loved all the colors, after all it is cooling down in this big old city. Which is rather disappointing considering my immense love for pairing mismatching colors on a daily basis. Anyways, I present my top 5 picks ... for now at least. 


All images via HERE.
Mara Hoffman

Prints on prints on prints. I must say this is by far my most favorite collection. Mara Hoffman definitely has a knack for producing the most vivid and intricate designs in her tile like prints. Kudos to the tribal lady. Her collections never fail with the unique prints in very simple and wearable silhouettes. LOVE.

Nicole Miller

Yet another ode to prints. See the pattern, y'all. [[Get the pun there? I just can't stop.]] I love the dual printed stripes and watercolor florals paired back to solids and more prints. Blue tends to be my least favorite color on the palette, but I found this collection rather refreshing paired back to whites and pastels. 

Rebecca Minkoff

Layers for days. Talk about the funnest and youngest collection yet. I loved how vibrant the colors were paired with beautifully engineered prints in an array of materials. Individual pieces combined together to make a look far from simple.  

Zimmerman

By far the prettiest and daintiest collection of them all. The soft neutral colors paired with the picturesque florals makes me want to gather some girls for a high tea. In all honesty, I love the plunging necklines, lace up crop tops and metallics for day. 

Diane Von Furstenberg

Talk about wearable art, one thing I admire about DVF, is her ability to make beautiful garments that easily transitions from work to play. Easy flowy silhouettes, bold tribal prints, and a multitude of colors. Her collections always have a soft place in my heart.

Sorry to keep it short & sweet kids, I do have a life after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment