Monday, November 4, 2013

The Leather Report

You know there's a problem when your MOM mentions a pretty important trend for the season. I can't lie I've had my eye on this ever blossoming leather trend, but wasn't quite sure if it's for me. Luckily I do take my mothers advice, and scoured the Internet for some of my fav pieces featuring a leather bottom.

 And so it begins... Zippers and quilting on this amazing asymmetrical skirt; it doesn't even surprise me it's leather. Seems like a bit much for most, but this skirt is so easily styled with a simple tee or comfy sweater. This is the perfect day to night look and I'm super jealous I don't own a leather bottom yet.

Here

Another perfect example of simple outfitting. I love the layering of black on white on grey. This skirt features a delicate top stitching detail at the center front seam- and is frankly the only detail it needs. An easy and wearable outfit, perfect for trolling these New York streets.


Oh hey plaid, how I've missed you. One misfortune of summer is the lack of basic plaids. I may not be a huge fan of the color red, but I do appreciate a red based plaid, even if its an accessory to add pop to an otherwise simple silhouette. The pencil skirt is huge this season, and I didn't anticipate seeing one all leathered up. But I absolutely adore it in this look!

 Here.

Back to basics, I love the simplicity in this outfit. Kim perfectly mastered the black and white trend that is [inevitably] in full force this fall. Don't get me wrong, I love a basic look, especially for the fact this (faux) leather skirt is not in a typical black or dark toned color-it brings an unusual touch.


And of course this lovely number worn by Amie Song is an all time fav. The quilting of the leather skirt combined with the bold plaid shirt makes for the perfect pair. As much as I fret admitting my inner tom boy, this look is perfect. Just throw on some stockings and ankle booties, and you have the perfect outfit for these chilly fall days.

There's not much more to say, other than the holidays are around the corner and I for sure am compiling a list of my favorites. Whether it be a fun little skater skirt from the like of BCBG, or a pencil thin number by Topshop, or a laser cut mini by House of Harlow; the options are endless.

What are your favorite fall trends?

No comments:

Post a Comment