Monday, January 14, 2013

Golden Globes Rewind

Like any awards show, the 70th Annual Golden Globe Awards brought some of the best and worst dressed of 2013. Luckily for you, I was completely oblivious to the worst dressed, and therefore I present to you my favorites.

 [[All Images via Moviefone]]




Naturally my absolute favs were in all white everything; which appeared to be a huge theme this awards season. With the right tan, paired with some shiny accessories, you can't go wrong, right? Wrong! I'll preface this with the fact that J Lo never ceases to surprise showing everything without anything, in this nude and lace gown from Zuhair Murad. A definite upgrade from the hi slit Versace gown of the 2000 Grammy's, but still can't knock her dress game. On the other hand, Lea Michele should have considered shading herself from the sun this time around- after all it is only January. But I can't fault how stunning she looks in this jeweled Elie Saab gown. Not only does it hug her perfectly, but she looks absolutely gorgeous in it! Lastly but not least for this white capsule, I bring you Amanda Seyfried in a lovely peek-a-boo gown from Givenchy. This gown perfectly combines the elegance of lace, with somewhat of a tailored quality of a suit. If you don't see it, I surely can't explain.


On the opposite side of the spectrum, I bring you two of my favorite leading ladies, dawning some lovely black ensembles. It surprises me how mature Sarah Hyland looks in this gown from Max Azria. Makes you almost forget she plays a teenager on my favorite sitcom, Modern Family. 

Eva Longoria is never short of stealing the show in this lace and chiffon number by Pucci. I almost think she's got Jennifer Lopez beat with this daring slit. Can we say legs for days? 


Prom queen meet Jessica Alba. Although somewhat simple and reminiscent of high school dance past, I love how this Oscar de La Renta gown perfectly hugs her silhouette. I may be biased since I love all colors in the warm range, but this color truly suits her naturally tan body. Yum!


Can't say I'm the hugest fan of blue, seeing as I own maybe two blue shirts [ both being plaid.] But I do however love this periwinkle-esque Naeem Khan gown on Nicole Richie. It may be my slight obsession with lace or maybe my obsession with her and her outrageous tendencies, but I must say she def brought her A game with this one!


And I leave you with my favorite comedic leading ladies, Amy Poehler. I must say she was def the best dressed in a tux, this one of course from Stella McCartney. Who knew she had it in her to make it super scandalous- I love the plunging neckline on her petite physique.

Now that I'm done ranting, happy Monday all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment