Monday, January 20, 2014

Better Late, Than Never

(A week late, to be exact.) 

Not to say that my Twitter feed wasn't buzzing with the latest trends on the red carpet for the 2014 Golden Globe Awards. But I digress, I've been rather preoccupied and non-attentive to my blog - but I'm very much in the know of the wear-about's in fashion. 

I must say, I found the red carpet to be rather boring, but I guess with age & red carpets comes the need for  the "classic" look. (Wait am I talking about wine? It sounds a lot like I'm speaking of wine.)  So without further or due, I present my top five picks ... in no particular order: 


All images via HERE.  


Props to the hostess, Amy Poehler, in this stunning number from Stella McCartney. This gown is the perfect combination of the season's top trends: high necks, and cut outs. There's something about asymmetry that I love on the right body, with her petite figure, there's no look she can do wrong.


Lets talk about simplicity, y'all - Didn't you love Margot Robbie in this nude gown from Gucci?  This monotone look matches perfectly with the bleached-out blonde color of her hair. But no really, a low V,  embellished accents, and a mile high slit is every thin girls dream. Finally, this look is polished off with minimal accessories and is nothing short of perfect.


You go Heidi Klum, barely recognized you in this Patti Smith-esque look. This Marchesa  gown draped beautifully across the delicate curves of her figure. The embroidered illusion chiffon paired with that oh-so-short slip combined the perfect elements of beauty and sex appeal. For a forty year old ex supermodel, I have absolutely no complaints for your style.


All that sparkles must shine too, but really could you get past the sparkles. Why yes, I am talking about this stunning piece by Rhea Costa on the beautiful Sosie Bacon. [Not quite sure who she is,] Mad props to Miss Golden Globe's stylist for putting her in this body con piece, with perfectly engineered embellishment ... on yet another nude gown. (Can you hear my excitement about the color palette this year?)


"Gucci Gucci, Louis Louis, Fendi Fendi, Prada." (It's a song y'all) Gucci, the correct answer is Gucci! Olivia Wilde was absolutely glowing in this floor length beaded gown from the famed design house. Pregnancy suits her, but so does this glam ensemble! High neck, long sleeved, and minimal jewelry - a sure masterpiece. But seriously,  I'm dead.


Most importantly, I'm rather proud of myself for not jumping on the Lupita Nyong'o train. [[And frankly I have no regrets!]]

So what were your favorite looks from the jump off to the award season? 

No comments:

Post a Comment